Overview of the Position
Survalent Technology is currently seeking an Electrical Applications Programmer to join our team. This role requires a versatile, energetic and tenacious individual who has a keen sense for quality and urgency.
The Electrical Applications Programmer will focus on and contribute to the design, development, implementation, enhancement and support of the engineering applications for the Supervisory Control system.
Overview of the Department
The development group designs and implements software for use in the company\\\'s Supervisory Control systems. The software assists users in monitoring and controlling electrical distribution and other critical systems. These systems consist of multiple servers, client workstations and widely distributed automated data acquisition units. The server and client software runs on Windows TM computers.
Key Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor\'s degree in electrical engineering from a recognized educational institute
- 2-5 years experience in computer programming
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
- Excellent analytical and problem resolution skills
- Self-initiated, fast learner with a positive attitude
- Experience with C++ is required
- Knowledge of linear algebra and complex numbers is required
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio is an asset
- Background in power engineering is preferred
- Electrical applications to be developed and/or enhanced are for a real-time SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) system, and include:
- Load flow
- Fault detection, isolation and restoration
- Volt var control
- Contingency analysis
- State Estimation
- Dispatcher training simulator
- Load forecasting