Overview of the Position
The Interface Developer will focus on the design and development of interfaces between the Supervisory Control system and other systems. Systems to be interfaced to include GIS (Geographical Information System), CIS (Customer Information System), AMI (Advanced Metering Infrastructure), AVL (Automatic Vehicle Location), TCS (Trouble Call System), IVR (Interactive Voice Response), and WMS (Work Management System).
Overview of the Department
The development group designs and implements software for use in the companys Supervisory Control systems. The software assists users in monitoring and controlling electrical distribution and other critical systems. These systems consist of multiple servers, client workstations and widely distributed automated data acquisition units. The server and client software runs on Windows TM computers.
Key Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelors degree in computer science or electrical engineering from a recognized educational institute
- 5 years experience in computer programming
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
- Excellent analytical and problem resolution skills
- Self-initiated, fast learner with a positive attitude
- Experience with C++ and Microsoft Visual Studio are required
- Knowledge and experience with at least some of the following is required: TCP/IP, FTP, HTTP Relational database (SQL Server, Oracle or Informix), SQL, ODBC XML, SOAP, Web Services, Enterprise Service Bus Multispeak, CIM