Overview of the Position
The Outside Sales Engineer will be responsible for all sales in the Ontario territory. Close dealings with our existing customer base, and internal people, will enable you to sell advanced applications to help our customers meet their operational goals. Prospecting is also a key component in order to increase our customer base and ultimately our market penetration.
- Participate in the development and implementation of annual sales targets
- Travel as primary liaison between Survalent and our Ontario customer base (Occasional overnight trips required).
- Work with customers to design appropriate solutions that satisfy the application requirements while maintaining company profitability.
- Familiarize established customers with new products, applications and services that Survalent offers.
- Influence customer specifications to be favorable to Survalent Technology.
- Demonstrate products through system demos and presentations as well as assist prospects/customers in the selection of applications that best suit their needs.
- Consult with various departments within Survalent as appropriate to resolve technical issues that arise during the life cycle of the order.
- Participate in promoting and supporting regional conferences and our annual User's Group Conference.
- Obtain market information on customer needs through market research and voice of the customer through face-to-face customer meetings.
- Provide timely and effective communication to internal and external customers. Internal customers are defined as any Survalent Entity; external customers are defined as any end users of Survalent equipment.
- Prepare monthly territory report.
- Secure and report bid results including competitive prices, product descriptions, deliveries etc. and whether the bid/tender was won or lost.
- Extensive knowledge in SCADA industry and automation.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly motivated self starter that delivers results on time and with high quality.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Good organization skills.
- Works constructively and persists, even under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal, listening, and questioning skills.
Education, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree from a 4 year college/university or Technologist Diploma
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in technical sales (Utility or software sales preferred)
- Minimum 3 years experience working in application engineering or comparable role
- Must be versed in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent telephone and negotiating skills
- Technical writing skills
- Order specification writing and organizational skills