The SmartVU environment includes a tabbed interface, which allows users to have quick access to a large number of views of their map, alarms, operations logs and graphs with a single screen.
SmartVU is a world map user interface that runs on Windows Vista and Windows 7, and operates as a client to the SCADA host computer.
The SmartVU program uses its own local copy of the map on which it overlays dynamic analog and status data retrieved from the host computer. Operator actions, such as control and alarm acknowledgement, are forwarded to the host computer for execution.
SmartVU features sophisticated navigation tools such as pan, zoom (both continuous and incremental) and automatic declutter. Navigation within the map is a local function in the sense that the PC does not have to communicate with the host computer to modify the current view of the map except to obtain new point values. This makes efficient use of network connections.
- Supports the Import of Existing Graphics Created in WorldView
- Optimized for Touch Screen Displays
- Login/Logout, Automatic Login
- Window Layout
- Map Auto-Open
- Automatic Declutter
- Supports SCS
- Use of Windows Configuration for Setting Date Formats
- Navigation Tools such as Pan & Zoom (Continuous and Incremental)
- Point Level Programed Attribute Display
- 3D Graphics Presentation Mode
- Map Views, Alarm Views, and Operation Log Views
- On-Demand Trending and Trend Graphs
- Integrated with Bing and Google maps
- Editing: adding, removing, moving, rotating and modification of objects in the map
In addition to the video tutorials, touch sensitive areas allow users to interact (like pop-up windows that open when an item is selected), replacing standard explanations that can be difficult to comprehend. Navigation buttons at the top, along with the ability to search the Contents Tab located in the left window pane making finding necessary information simple.
SmartVU Help also includes classic options such as saving Favorites and fast links to the subjects of importance or interest to you.